Wednesday, May 23

Indulgence..


Nope, it's not about food. I've always been quite shrewd, a person. After marrying Andrew, I became better, but my family sees it as a worse thing. Anyway, I've never liked shopping, like many, I only shop for what I need, and I especially dislike window shopping. It's a waste of time, waste of energy, and ultimately, waste of money! However, of late, I'm in a shopping mood. Not so much of buying things, but just feeling like walking around instead of sitting around at home.
Everytime, on my way home, I noticed this shop, it looks like a shop that would interest me. So, I told myself I would check it out. At last, I went to the shop and true enough, it was like a warehouse full of beads, pearls, hair accesories, jewellery gift boxes, earrings and such. I was so mesmerized by everything that I walked round and round, but couldn't decide on what to buy (partly due to my stingyness and also my mind kept reminding me
"these are all wants, not needs!!!").
Then, I said to myself, I am seldom good to myself, why not reward myself with something. Trust me, its not an excuse to buy things, but I was taken aback by the fact that, I've never really tried to treat myself well. Of course, I'm not really talking about material stuffs, but something that is good for myself, something that can cheer me up or make me happy and excited. Well, that was a revelation, then.
Back to the shop, I ended up buying 2 pairs of earrings (only cost me $1.50 each) and an earring hanger (I'm not sure what do you call it but I took a picture of it, anyhow) :) Believe me, I was still battling within myself. I would be so riddled by guilt if I were to get it, then I asked myself this question, if someone were to give me those things as presents, how fould I feel? I realized, I would be extremely delighted. That was my justification to buy it.
I left the shop, with much delight and knowing that I will start treating myself better,
from then onwards.
p/s: By the way, these are my only collection of earrings, including the latest 2 new additions.. :)

No comments: