Sunday, November 2

Kindred Atmosphere

My in-laws arrived on Thursday evening and are comfortably settled in our place. They had a pleasant flight from Singapore to Sydney, well, obviously since their son, Paul was the pilot. They only had praises for Paul throughout the whole journey, commenting about the smooth take-off and landing, how well the announcement was made and how he went to the first class cabin numerous times to make sure his parents are comfortable. I am happy for my in-laws for being so blessed.

Andrew and I arrived at the airport shortly before my in-laws passed the custom check. Praise the Lord that it was a smooth one too. Nothing was confiscated and the custom officer was very kind towards my in-laws. So, no drama at the airport. However, we weren't at the airport earlier to catch Paul before he left the airport. I was told how good he looked in the captain uniform. No doubt about it, I can imagine.

We headed home soon after and gave my in-laws some time to freshen up a little before going out for dinner with Paul. My mother in law was particularly impressed with our humble abode, and commented how clean and well-kept the place is. I was absolutely flattered and happy that it made an impression on her. Soon, it was time for dinner. We expected to meet Paul at the Hurricanes (Darling Harbour). All SIA crews stay in a luxurious hotel, so no need for Paul to crash at our small little flat.

We met up at the restaurant and Paul still looked good for his age. We greeted each other and for the first time, to my surprise, Paul gave me a hug! I wasn't expecting that at all...(I could've worn a better bra, ohh anyways... he's my brother in law, for goodness sake!!!). I think Paul doesnt know I have a blog, and he's somewhat a very private person. So, I think it will cheese him off to find that I blog about him.

Look, girls, there IS someone out there still!! He's handsome, he's a pilot and a captain that is, needless to say he's rich, he's kind, generous and has a heart of gold. The only proverbial downside is that he has very high expectation of a partner. So, it's not going to be easy to fit his criteria. He has another downside but... I believe his good points outweigh the bad ones.

Ok, enough about him.

We proceeded to the restaurant and had one of our favourite meal, pork ribs. Everyone wasn't as famished as I was, so we only had 2 full racks to be shared among 5 people. The treat was on us. After dinner we headed back home to show Paul where we live. We had a good time just catching up with one another and Paul was so kind to help install some useful programs on my laptop. It was really nice to have family members around. It was close to midnight and so we sent Paul back to his hotel and called it a day.

Both Andrew and myself took a day off on Friday. I have no qualms about blogging my day off as my boss knows my in laws are in Sydney. My boss even reminded me, in-laws will never be like family. To what extent it's true, only I myself know. We had planned for yum-cha for brunch and we picked Paul up from the hotel. Went to Marigold for yum cha and my in-laws loved it although they thought it was rather expensive. Paul graciously treated us and soon, we had to part with Paul as he had to fly back to Singapore that afternoon. Sadly, it will probably be another 6 months or 1 year before we see Paul again.

We had a lovely weekend. We went for grocery shopping, had lunch at a Shanghainese restaurant. Andrew and I made sure his parents are comfortable and forbade them from doing anything at all. Our arrangement is such that we will cook on weekends, and they can cook on weekdays if they like. Andrew cooked some nice lamb steak and marinara pasta whereas I made the vietnamese cold dish. They absolutely loved our cooking so far.

That's our weekend. So far, no dramas with my in-laws and I pray pray pray hard that there won't be any for the next 4 weeks. Ok, that's all the update for now.

5 comments:

Athena said...

"could've worn a better bra, ohh "


HAHAHA..i just can't stop laughing at this one!!!!

looks like you had a great weekend! and good luck in preserving the 'harmony'. your boss is right... in laws aren't really family!

SarahLee said...

Hey gal, hehe.. miss catching up with you. Could only go online for a little while. In laws kept asking, why am I on the internet so often..

Pls pray for me yea! Don't want to step on their toes! Stressful!

Anonymous said...

ahha when paul flew back,
your blog also ended..
abit obvious laa..hehe

dont let paul read this..
if not, i will have a ball of time laughing at your sillyness!

bra??!!
who would've thought of bras at times like that..
geeeez..

=P

SarahLee said...

JiunnLi, it's all your fault! I will never forget that one thing you said about hugging me, remember?? That will make me so conscious of myself for the rest of my life!

I can only apologize to Paul if he reads this!

Anonymous said...

My dear gal..I was trying to catch up with your stories but this just caught my attention the most! I just laughed and laughed and laughed!! Totally agree with JLee, who would have tot of the b-- at times like this?? Aiyo, I got tummy stitches liao. Like you, I pray your family in laws won't come to read of these bloggins. abit risky le. :) I miss you. Tcare.