Tuesday, March 6

Counting my blessings

I was just pondering over my life and while doing so, I was screening my blog to see if it portrays Jesus' love in my life. I haven't really mentioned how good God has been to me. I don't think it's possible to count my blessings because it's countless and I am overwhelm at God's love for me.

Andrew and I had a little talk before going to bed the other night after attending Bible Study with our church friends. One question that was asked during BS was, what is our fear in life? Although some do not really understand the reason why the question was asked, still everyone should be given a chance to express their view. So, that was what initiated our talk. I do not believe in our life that there is no fear at all. It is fear that makes us human. Then the conversation led me expressing some of my innermost feelings about merely being a christian.

Many people think that being a christian is to get a better worldly life. This is a total fallacy! And when one speaks about blessings, they tend to think about blessings being financial wealth, material possessions and so forth. Unless we give all these back to God, only will I consider it as blessings. I do not think that when a missionary who has a beautiful and big home located in a superior vicinity, that when dispose off will earn him a huge lump sum of money, is a good living testimony when so many children are dying in Africa each minute. The missionary could have given it all to help as many children as possible. I really want to challenge missionaries to live in "poverty" (not literary but not in surplus).

Unfortunately, many are not willing to give up all their wealth for God, for others. We become christians, not because we want to be blessed with all that we wanted on this earth. No so that we get a good job, good income, smart kids, posh cars, big house, expensive clothings, loving wife/husband, or a wife/husband at all, to name a few. We are christians because He is our God,our Maker, our Heavenly Father and we should be serving Him on this earth, no question about it, no bargaining, no trading, no expectation (although God promises to give what we ask, provided it's good for us).

I can't agree with our Pastor when he said to pray for our brothers and sisters for wisdom to understand God and to receive His revelation. This is what humans should be seeking in their life.

No comments: