Saturday, June 16

Productive Weekend!

I was meant to blog about this last weekend, a long weekend but were too busy with chores and visitations. Hence, I better take this opportunity to blog while I still can now after the whole mattress ordeal!

I have always wanted to learn to cook or bake new recipes. Andrew gave me an idea when he mentioned his cravings for Kuih Talam. It immediately strucked me on my cravings for Kuih Lapis.

So, I searched up some recipes on Kuih Lapis and found it a fairly easy recipe to make the kuih. So, with all my ingredients ready, I was in business. Unfortunately I didn't have a kitchen scale and had to go "agak-agak" with all the amount of flour and corresponding coconut milk and water. It took me FIVE long hours to steam every layer of the kuih, and I later learnt it was because the flour mix was too diluted hence the long time it takes to set. Oh well, it did turn out alright. It was very soft, but with a nice taste because I added a few drops of banana flavour on top of pandan flavour. Adventurous, wasn't I?

So, I was so glad that I learnt something new. One more thing which I was so excited and proud of, was that I picked up knitting over the weekend! I haven't had a clue on how to knit and thanks to the internet resources, I learnt how to knit and am now still trying to practice and get the yarn tension right.

So, there you go.. it was indeed a truly productive weekend!

No comments: