Saturday, June 16

Utterly Disappointed!

We have waited for two weeks for this day, at least I know to me it was an enduring wait. Two weeks ago, Andrew and I finally purchased a latex mattress. It was months after much convincing and persuading that we ought to get a good and a big bed to ensure our good night's sleep. Andrew relented, finally although it was costly. But we only bought it because there was a sale on (end of financial year sale) and it was 35% off. It was a pretty good buy, and after comparing prices with several shops, it was clearly a good buy. Hence, we bought it.

On Friday, we got a call saying the mattress will be delivered the following day. I was thrilled! We then agreed they would call us before they arrive, so we can be prepared ie move the current bed aside and prepare the delivery fee.

Soon, it was the next morning. I woked up to a loud knock on the door. It was 9 am (gosh, I slept at 3 am because I was trying to finish reading a book. This is unusual for me as I never really finished reading a book and just left it for good. I was determined that night that I would finish the book, by hook or by crook). I knew instantly it was the delivery man. I had to abruptly wake Andrew up so we can quickly get the room ready for the bed. Imagine my belligerent state for being woken up that way without receiving any notice call.

As they were moving the mattress, I had to drive down 200 meters to the shops just to withdraw some cash from the atm machine for the delivery fee. It was all too scuttle and I never liked it that way.

It took me no longer than 10 minutes to return with some cash. The men were waiting outside the house. Just as I was about to hand them the money, Andrew rushed out and told the men that they delivered the wrong mattress. They delivered Queen instead of King sized mattress. Instantly I was quite glad that Andrew noticed, but horrified because of such mistake done and also because it means I won't get to sleep on the long awaited mattress that night. Well, the rest was predictable for which they took the bed back and we had to arrange for the correct mattress to be delivered again. This could very well suggest another two weeks of wait in agony.

I was utterly disappointed, but at the same time.. I am learning to be patient and to make do with all I have. One lesson I learnt, that is to always check that right goods were being delivered. If not for Andrew, I would have to face more hassle trying to organize for another pick-up on the wrong mattress and whatever.

No comments: