Tuesday, July 17

Mr Holland's Opus


We went to Target for shopping over the weekend. Just at the entrance, all cheap and old DVDs were on display for sale. I got excited hoping that I'll get the movie which I wanted to keep as collection. As I was browsing through the DVDs, hubby found "The Bicentennial Man". I was so thrilled. We continued looking, but nothing else seemed to interest us. Andrew however wanted to look for one particular movie that has touched him deeply. It's called "Mr. Holland's Opus". We looked all over and guess what? When hopes seemed so frail, do not give up. I was literally jumping for joy when I spotted the movie sitting almost at the bottom of the shelf. So, we called it a good day because God has been good to us.

I wanted to know why this movie was touching, according to hubby, so we watched it. Although the movie was quite down to earth, I personally don't think it's that touching, as oppose to Bicentennial Man. Perhaps, it's the music that influences my mood. The only part that's touching was when the couple in the movie found out that their son was deaf. That was the saddest part. If you haven't watched the movie, go go, watch it. It still passes as an enjoyable family movie, though. =)

I won't write out the synopsis, because I'm a lousy story teller. However, I want to follow how others do it, if I were to rate the movie, I give it 6 out of 10. Hubby might get annoyed with my rating, afterall it's one of his favourite movie!

No comments: