Saturday, August 25

I concur..

I normally don't like to get involved in politics and I do believe that I should keep certain opinions to myself. This post is not meant to be a succinct political condemnation but more of agreeing with one's perception. It is quite heartening to see someone so bold as to stand up for his own views and opinions, after all this is what democrazy is all about (opps, I meant democracy).

After having read some of his blogs, I must say, I do agree if not all of it, then most of what he said. The most recent article strike me when it was perceived that the chinese are cowards or the word that was used "shrunken testicles" (thank God I don't have one). It went on to say, how the chinese dares to operate everything illegal, except for one, treason.

What is the one thing every human race fight for? It is freedom. Without freedom, one is as good as dead. Now, I'm not trying to be a great writer in this issue, but my reply to the blog on why chinese are "cowards" is not because they want to be, but this is all about survival skills, isn't it? After all, they are always labelled as the hardworking and "smarter" ones. Some engaged in illegal business because that's one way of earning money and staying alive. I'm not talking about gangsterism, that's a totally different story.

Anyway, my point is malaysian chinese must realize one thing. Malaysia is not a place to call home, it is only our superficial home. As long as we hang on to the superficial home, we still have a so-called home. If the chinese loses this home, we can't go back to China. They won't want us either. Some are lucky enough to migrate to other countries but not all are that fortunate.

Hence, we are talking about survival skill here, not cowardice. But he is so right in one thing, that even after he labelled some chinese as "shrunken testicles", I don't think any of us are offended. We still embrace his opinions. We are not as sensitive till we have to defend till our very last drop of blood.

No comments: