Tuesday, August 21

Waiting on the Lord

Things have been pretty good to me lately. Although it's busy like crazy at work, but surprisingly I'm enjoying it. No complain at all.

I was also pondering and reflecting over the last few weeks. I do believe God has a plan for everything. One thing I have learnt is not to be impulsive but rather just wait on the Lord and be still for the presence of the Lord. I always feel that people who are impulsive and over-assertive, are more likely to miss out on what God has to tell them/show them.

If you remember few months before, I was pretty upset and depressed with things, especially with work. I wasn't happy with what I was doing and I wasn't even recognized for what I do ie I was underpaid. I even felt pressured into quitting and seeking for a better paying job as I wanted to be financially helpful at home. Hubby even made me promise him that I would talk to my boss in order to prepare my boss should I leave. I hesitated, waited and waited for the right moment. I couldn't find any right moment. How I knew that? I hadn't the peace in me. I was too scared and I felt I had to wait.

Soon, one of my colleague shared with me, that she might be leaving and was only waiting for the confirmation on her new job. I knew things would be different if she were to leave. The day she told me she got the job and will be resigning, I knew I had the opportunity to take over her role because hiring someone new would take up more resources and time. I was only a research assistant for my boss at that time, and I knew alot of things that's running in the lab. I'd expected that my boss would need me. It struck me then that God had been preserving that moment for me. I literally waited for the Lord to act. No one would expect that lady to leave at this crucial time (the lab is having a bit of a crisis now). Psalms 37:7a,9b Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him, for those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

Well, to cut the long story short, I was offered the post and my boss was kind enough to give me a payrise (I'm still underpaid but I'm not complaining, in fact I'm really grateful to God). Things have been so much better. I'm happy with my job at the moment. Learning so much and getting along really well with my new colleagues. I'm not someone who cares about politic, so whatever people say or do doesn't really affect me as long as I'm being watchful, careful, responsible and hardworking in what I do.

This is just a glimpse of what God has in store for me, which I have yet to discover. I believe there will be so much more. I'm not asking for much. I'm not striving to earn big money. I just don't want to feel redundant and unhappy with what I do. Lamentation 3:25 The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him.

Praise the Lord and all glory goes to Him.

Was reading on "Waiting on the Lord" on this website which listed down the essential factors on waiting on the Lord. How true and wise! We should all be practicing the followings.

1. Waiting necessitates the passage of time
2. Waiting means confident expectation
3. Waiting Involves an Expectation Based on Knowledge and Trust
4. Waiting Involves Seeking the Lord
5. Waiting Involves Taking Action at the Right Time
6. Waiting Involves Resting in God’s Timing
7. Waiting Means Trusting in God and His Goodness
8. Waiting Involves Taking the Right Action
9. Waiting Involves Learning to be Content with God’s Provision and Timing

No comments: