Sunday, January 6

Ikea again..

Hubby loves the meatballs in Ikea and I admit, I quite enjoy it, though it's not my favourite food. We went there for lunch and when we got there, the queue was already quite long. I was already feeling dismayed at the long queue, but we still waited patiently just to get our meatballs. As it was our turn to order, guess what? They said the meatballs are still cooking as they ran out, and we had to wait for 8 minutes! So, what are we supposed to do at the meantime? 8 minutes is quite a wait still. We felt appalled at the attitude of the person serving us and we sort of vowed not to go back there for meatballs. We decided to buy the meatballs in a packet and the sauce to cook at home next time. You see, 10 meatballs (with potatoes as side) cost $6.50. 15 meatballs, cost $7.50 and 20 meatballs, cost $8.50. One packet of meatballs comes in 1 kg, and there's probably about 100 meatballs is $12.95. So, we'd rather cook it ourselves and there's more advantage to it than driving 25 minutes there, enduring the queue and the bad service. Anyway, to cut the story short, we waited and I decided to jump queue, and demanded for my meatballs.

Anyway, we bought something from Ikea, which lightened up my day. I've been eyeing on the rattan/outdoor/patio (whichever it is) chairs since last year, when it was $39 each. We walked Ikea without any intention of buying anything. Just as we were reaching the exit, we saw these chairs on sale. It came down to $29 now! I was ecstatic! Thanks to Andrew who also felt the same and we just grabbed two and proceeded to the checkout! Alas, we have two beautiful chairs for our balcony where we can sit and enjoy the beautiful and serene view of the park with a cup of nice and hot rooboi tea!