Friday, March 21

Water delights at Canada Bay

We have some friends (a couple and a toddler) visiting us from Malaysia and will be staying till after Easter as their main reason here was to visit the Royal Easter Show in the Olympic Park.

I went to the show in 2007 that is last year, but really to call it merely a show does not represent what it's really like. It's a huge carnival so to speak, one of the biggest event of the year. The part which enthuse me is the showbags. For only $10 or $20, you can get lots of goodies which is of great value. It feels like a Russian matryoshka doll where you'd expect one surprise after another with many goodies inside the showbag.

Anyway, that's not my point of blogging today. It's Easter season and Good Friday today to be specific. To say these words loosely and not ponder on the reason for the season is such a thwart. This is a day of celebration for we celebrate the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ! AMEN! (I can hear my mum's voice echoing behind my ears!).

Moving on, again that's not my point of blogging although it's of high importance that we remember and give Him countless praise for dying on the cross for us and raising from the dead. This is Jesus Christ's victory over death and his resurrection means we have eternal life because we believe in Him. Coming back to my point of blogging, I am surprisingly pleased to have found a new place to go for picnics in the future. It is only 5 minutes drive away with a beautiful and scenic drive there. It's surrounded by a beautiful bay in a nice suburb known as Canada Bay. I would love to bring my family there next time.

I also had a test drive on my favourite car at the moment, Honda CR-V Luxury. Our friend's sister came to visit her brother who's staying with us now in her new car. I was so thrilled that she allowed me to drive them to the bay. It was a nice and smooth drive, particularly along the bay. It was supreme!

So, that was our outing for the day. A nice place to spend our time as everywhere else is closed for Good Friday.