Thursday, September 13

I have to stop being complacent about my health!

Went to the chiropractor last Saturday to do a scan on my spinal condition. Was not feeling my best of late hence the decision to see a chiropractor. Got back the results on Monday and to my amazement though not entirely shocking, there were a few problems. The major problem lies on my atlas and cervical vertebrae which explains why I haven't been sleeping well which I believe that was since Form 6 (HSC) days, migraine and sinus. The chiropractor said it's not surprising because most students who study alot tend to have that problem. The report also said it was 120% loss of normal cervical curve ie reversal of neck curvation, which also explains well why I have rapid eye movement and dreams when I sleep. The vertebrae actually touches my part of my brain and causes me to be alert. I am just trying to explain it in lay man's term and trying to make sense all of it.

Then the second problem is, I have minor scoliosis ie dextroscoliosis ie scoliosis with convexity to the right side. This however, is congenital and inheritance, so can't do much about it. Although so, I do think I have an early signs of osteoporosis and it's all because I never got enough sun in my whole life. I used to be known as "puteri lilin (candle princess)", who likes to stay in dark (shadow). Nowadays, due to work, I don't really see much sun at all. How I yearn to be under the sun these days.

Thirdly, my lumbar curve is slightly bent forward causing a slight pelvic tilt.

So, unless I exercise regularly and go for chiropractic treatment, I am sure in the long run, there will be detrimental effects to my health. The latter reportedly has had anecdotal success, so I don't think I want to waste money on that plus it's not cheap. I need to go for 6 visits initially, twice a week, each visit cost me AUD50 (an hour). That's me, I'm a little stingy.

I have since started doing pilates every night for 10 minutes for some stretching. Hopefully I will feel better after a while. Please please, pray for me. =)

No comments: