Wednesday, November 28

Ever so faithful

Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.


Psalm 36:5
Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.


Yesterday, God really answered my prayer. I was so overwhelmed by his faithfulness that I cannot stop praising Him. I still cannot believe myself what happened.

Let me explain.

Remember my last holiday back to Malaysia? In January, I took one month leave for Sept-Oct. I knew NATA accreditation was in Oct, but no one knew exactly which date. I couldn't wait till I find out, else I would miss out on the flight sale (see blog on January 24). So I book my leave for 4 weeks. AS NATA date drew closer, we were all so stressed out. One colleague was supposed to go on leave for his wedding just before NATA. Guilt just plagued me when I thought that I would go on leave at such crucial time. Both of us will go on leave, leaving behind just one scientist manning the lab. I didn't commit this anxiety to God instead I took matters into my own hands. I changed my flight and cut short my holiday to 2 weeks. At least I would be able to help out in my lab, I comforted myself.

Then a week before the original NATA date, my boss came in and announced that NATA has been postponed to December. I was thrilled but speechless at the same time. I should have just trusted the Lord to work something out for me. So, I had to bear my own consequence. All was good then, no more stress though I had a short time in Malaysia.

When I came back from Malaysia, the other scientist who was left alone manning the lab told me he's taking leave in Feb (which coincides with CNY). I thought I won't be able to take leave for CNY. To make matters worse, we have another NATA accreditation in February, this time for forensic and also in February. Still, I voiced out to my boss about my intention to go away in February. He however was reluctant to let me go then due to NATA. He asked me to wait before I book my flight so that he can confirm with me. So I waited. This time, I really trusted in God for His plan. I wasn't that worried as I knew He will perform yet another miracle.

True enough, my patience paid off. My boss came in and said he has a bad news for us. The NATA accreditation for forensic was not in February 7, but January 7 and that he has mistaken the dates. My jaw just dropped when I heard the news. I couldn't believe what I heard. Now, tell me, isn't God faithful??

So now, I can peacefully book my flight to go home for CNY. Praise the Lord...