Monday, June 2

Big Elf loves my food!

I sound like it's such an achievement to me. It IS a big deal to me. I am always happy when Big Elf approves of my cooking. Only it's not so much of a cooking, it was a really simple meal to make. One of the Wednesday nights (as I mentioned before), we went for vietnamese food. I had rice vermicelli with grilled pork. From the description in the menu, it sounded great. But when the food arrived, I was sceptical about the taste, or if the rice vermicelli was even cooked and couldn't help it but wonder how could one eat a cold dish as a main. But we all have to start trying somehow, somewhere. So I added the dipping sauce and mixed all the ingredients. I have no inkling of how the taste with the sauce would turn out to be (if I knew it has lime juice, it would have made the pre-tasting ordeal easier). Anyway to cut the whole story short, I liked it the moment I tasted it. In fact, I fell in love with it almost immediately and vowed to make it that very weekend. I will search for the recipe and simply try it out on my own.

It was really easy to make. I won't take any credit in making it, but you can easily google for the recipe. The only ingredients I missed were beansprout, mint leaves/basil leaves and lemon grass for the pork. Still, to my amazement, Big Elf loved it. He just went "hm" on the first slurp, and "hmm" on the second and again "hmmm" on the third. It didn't take him long to finish the whole bowl. We had a half of the sauce left, and he quickly suggested making it again the next day for dinner.

It was such an accomplishment and liberation to be able to please Big Elf with food! (Grinning widely now....)





1 comment:

Kevin said...

wow, maybe you can help provide the recipe for my wife to cook for me as well... looks good... hehe...