Monday, October 30

What is God trying to tell me?


The long journey ahead should I embark on the PhD journey (This is the main street of Hahndorf, Adelaide, 3-7 Aug, 06).

The alarm clock rang at 6.30am. Pushed the button and went back to sleep. It seems I have been in my wonderful dreamland for many days now, reluctant to get up. It's so unbearable to leave my comfortable and cool bed. Enough is enough, I had to drag myself to the shower. Took me an hour to arrive work as dropping off my husband on the way to work is the reason for the longer journey. I had to speed to be on time for the meeting at 9am. I knew I'm not going to make it. But thankfully, took an alternate route which allowed me to arrive just 5 minutes late. Went straight to the meeting room, and there were my boss and another colleague. Thankfully, 2 more colleagues came in after me. Managed to hide the fact that I was a little late.

Meeting went for only half and hour. Quick and simple. Lots of internal issues to deal with, but none of my business. It's politics by the way. I'm always on the fence to avoid unnessary trouble.

After the meeting, went up to speak to my boss. And had a little chat with him. He then told me there's something for me to think about. "If you were offered a job, where research is your primary activity, and you can use your findings towards the benefit of your postgraduate degree, would you consider it?"

Sounds like a good offer, isn't it? The irony is that, he's only confirming what I have planned to do whether or not he's offering me the job. He's only making it official by putting it in words. Spoke to one of my trusted colleague aka friend, he agreed that it's a rare opportunity nowadays to be offered such a thing. Told me to consider it..

I'm keeping my mind open to God's direction. I need Him to reveal to me if taking up PhD is what He wants for me. It doesnt matter whether I want to do it or whether I feel the need of doing it, but rather God's divine plan to use me in the future for the furtherance of His kingdom.
I'm surrendering my all to Him, even if it means getting out of my comfort zone and going the extra mile for Him, for His purpose.

I need more assurance and conviction from Him. This is probably the first one.



No comments: