Friday, April 25

Feeling domesticated?

I was craving for curry puffs, and I sort of know how to make it. My aunts showed me how when they came to Sydney to visit me couple of years ago. Somehow, the instructions were quite vague to me now as I have misplaced the recipe. Anyway, I searched for curry puff recipe and hoped it would be a good authentic malaysian curry puff. Thank goodness I found the webpage and noted down the recipe. I was so keen to try it out this long weekend.

It's Friday today and it's the start of the long weekend. In fact, it's ANZAC day and all Australians are supposed to celebrate today. However, it really has nothing to do with me, hence it's a good day to stay at home and make my curry puffs.

Took me the whole morning to make the curry puffs. The photo that came with the recipe looked good. But somehow, mine didn't turn out like that. It was supposed to have some wavy-like pattern on the outside, as the dough consisted of both oil dough and water dough. They were supposed to wrap together with the filling inside. Filling was easy to make but not the dough. If I had the mould for the curry puffs, it would take me much faster to finish the job. So I had to seal the side of the puffs into an scallop design by hand, and of course, it wasn't sealed properly (inexperience) hence, some of the filling came out when I baked it.

Still, I am pleased with myself for attempting to make curry puffs.



On the other hand, Andrew is a much better cook than me. These were our dinners for the past couple of days. I felt that I had to take some pictures to keep the fond memories of him cooking for us..



We had lamb cutlet on Wednesday night and it was really good. Not the best cut of lamb, but it was cooked medium well. The meat was really tender. Doesn't it look professionally served?



We had seafood pasta last night. This is one of his forte as well.