Sunday, April 6

My dislikes!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that I am a very judgmental person, especially on people. I know who I like and who I don't like. Meaning to say, I am very selective of whom I would like to befriend with and whom I just want to keep at arm's length. However, it's bizarre that in so many other things, I cannot make up my mind. I can be quite fickle minded too.

Since I've discovered that I am one without any stand of my own, ie I sway to any direction and every direction possible through influences from family and friends, I began to loath this attitude of mine. I really abhor fickle-mindedness. From then onwards, I try to own up to what I stand for and will strive to make my opinions count. As a result, I have mature much. I feel that I have more confidence. This is an admirable quality and I do hope it will be a good influence to others.

This time, I do have a point of blogging. I would like to share my dislikes. I cannot tolerate women who are fickle-minded, far worse, if it's a man. For example, if you go to a restaurant, you are probably expected to make up your mind in the next minute once you are handed the menu. I totally identify with you being unable to decide what to eat in that short period of time, coupled with the urging gesture from the waiter/waitress. But it does get a little exasperating if you still cannot make up your mind in the next 10 minutes or after everyone else have placed their orders.

What I cannot understand is, say for example, a list of cocktails which you have never even heard of, much less try it. I cannot understand the dilly-dallying and the fuss about the decision making. If you don't know any of it, just 'ini mini mani mo' on one. You will only know if you like it or not after you've tried something new. This is one that can really test my patience!

Next, I really have a problem with smart-arse (an informal way of referring to someone trying to be smart when in fact they are quite empty in the head). I like the way my hubby puts it in hokkien dialect, "U he, bo lang ti chu" (translation: Lights are on, but no one is at home).

They say something, and when one counters it, they come up with something so ludicrious that will make you laugh your pants off or sometimes, it will leave you speechless, just to proove they are smarter or perhaps to proove they are not stupid! This really gets to me, deep in my vein. I can feel my blood boiling if I were to deal with people like that. Seeing my anger blow at these situations, hubby then suggested that I go for anger management class. Haha.. what a joke!

Oh well, what to do.. the world is full of them. I will add on to my dislike list as I encounter them in the future!