Wednesday, April 16

New resolution albeit a little late



I have always strived on wanting to keep fit and healthy through exercises and workouts (not through food, unfortunately) . I am paranoid about aging before due time and worse, with all those stiff muscles and loss of body flexibility and agility at young age ie before 40. Perhaps, that's the nature of a dancer to not allow such catastrophe to hit my life. Although food wasn't in my part of giving, I still prefer vegetables and fruits to meat. So, I guess I'm quite alright there.

Recently I joined a fitness club, called Crunch Female Fitness Centre. Like any other gym, it pretty much has all to cater to one's need in general. Apart from the free classes, child-minding service (although it's irrelevant to me at the moment), close to home and has free parking, the very reason I decided to join, was the amount of comfort I feel while working out. The name of the club is a giveaway. It's exclusively for women. I used to go to Fitness First in Malaysia (a couple of times just to work out) and I somehow didn't like it at all. The self-consciousness ruins it all. I wish I couldn't care less about how I look, but with all the men gawking at the women, it just ruins my motivation to exercise.

So, here I am, my new resolution is to work out frequently ie 3 times a week and join the classes at least twice a week. Oh, by the way, all members get a trainer who will design a workout program and we will be assessed every 6 weeks. Good, isn't it?

Just for your information, here's my progress since a fortnight ago but not in consecutive days.

1st visit: Weight 48kg
Body Fat 17%

2nd visit: Weight48.5kg
Body Fat 15%

3rd visit: Weight 48.8kg
Body Fat 14.9%

4th visit: Weight 49.1 kg
Body Fat 14.1%

What a huge difference in body fat. According to my brother, who is a qualified fitness trainer and an elite bodybuilder, told me that weight is not important, but rather it's the body mass and body fat that counts. So I won't worry about getting heavier, but rather focus on reducing my body fat and gaining body mass/muscles.

There, my new resolution... a little late for the year but not too late for my lifetime =D