Sunday, April 13

Some happenings!

I wanted to blog all these before but have been too busy with my guests at home.

1. Disappointment:

I took a driving test on the 28th of March and I failed! It was shocking, I know after driving for 10 years. (Ahem, to those who doesnt know the background of these, let me explain. I come from Malaysia, and now I'm residing in Sydney. So I have to take my Australian driver's licence as I can no longer drive using my Malaysian's driver's licence. Hence the test.) I'm not saying I'm the best, but I really didn't do anything wrong during the test if you were to apply it in real life. I passed everything else, but the stop sign. I did stop, but not long enough for the tester to claim it's a stop. It turns out to be that we are required to stop for about 3 seconds instead of just 1 second, eventhough there were no cars around. How stupid was that? Now I am a qualified L plater.. congratulations to me!

Anyway, I have gotten over it will retake the test in early May. Bugger, that means I can't really drive without someone with a full licence beside me!!

2. Satisfaction:

We had dinner with our guests at this famous bar and grill called Hurricane's Grill at Bondi Beach. If you love pork rib, this is the only place to go. Nothing beats it, not even Tony Roma's. Value for money although the size of the full rack rib has gone smaller significantly compared to 4 years ago. Still, only go with a hungry stomach, else you may not be able to finish the ribs.

3. More satisfaction:

We prepared dinner for our guests on the last day of their visit in Sydney. After eating out several nights, we thought perhaps, we can try out a Thai cousine. Reason for that was because we harvested so much lemon grass and didn't know what to do with it. So Thai food came to our mind. Hubby prepared lemon grass chicken (2 dishes) and I prepare a steam fish and tom yum soup. The soup was a success, and everyone seems to love it. The steam fish looks really good, but really it wasn't. The sauce was nice, but the fish wasn't fresh. It was quite a disaster, after putting so much effort into it. Anyway, it was a good dinner overall.

Ok, that's a few days of blogging all cramped into one. Enjoy!