Thursday, September 25

Love Languages

I found this at my godbrother's blog and took the quiz. It's based on the five love languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. The questions are quite tricky in a sense, but I guess it's aim is to put into hierarchy the languages of love that means most to you.

I think it's pretty accurate. I always need Big Elf's honest opinion on something, and he always keeps things in perspective by telling me the truth. When I was younger, I always wanted him to sweet talk me, but he can hardly! It was frustrating at times. Well, those were the old childish days when we first met. Nowadays, I appreciate everything he says including negative ones and I accept it with no hard feelings. However him on the other hand is affected when I tell him frankly what I think (is that bad???).

Here are some of the conversations we once had (with some improvisation):

SCENARIO 1:
HIM: Do you think I play basketball well??

HER: (Argh..... thank goodness I wasn't facing him when he asked, I had to gather my thoughts to answer him)Well, dear you always know you are not sports incline one what.. (bad opening!!!!).

HIM: So, I really cannot play one la hor..?

HER: (Realized that he wanted some confirmation to motivate him to exercise) Nola, it takes lots of practice one. Have to keep playing until you are good lor... (slightly better answer I would presume)

HIM: Nola, I think I cannot play one la. I think I'm not good at basketball lah.

HER: (Since I've watched him play before) Your only problem is, you are too lazy to run around for the ball. People run to the ball, you jog to the ball!!! You don't like to exert yourself one... cannot like that one. Have to go all out to play basketball one.

HIM: (Sighed deeply) Nevermind la, I accept the fact that I can never be a good basketballer.

HER: (Felt so remorseful.. after not even trying to encourage husband).........

Tell me now, what kind of wife am I??

SCENARIO 2:

HIM: Dear ar, I think I am quite slow one.

HER: (Without hesitating and wanting to be honest)Yeah, abit la.. it's okay one la.. everyone has their own weaknesses! (Opps, did I just say something wrong??)

HIM: (Startled at my revelation) Where got wife so discouraging one??

HER: Nola, you are fast and good at other stuffs what.

HIM: Like what???

HER: You cook very well, you can be a well-known chef (This is 100% true!).

HIM: Really???

HER: Of course (in all seriousness). You are so creative when it comes to food!!

HIM: But you say I am slow... what if I'm also discouraging towards you??

HER: Say la..I accept everything and anything!

HIM: What if I say, you don't dance well??

HER: I know.... of course I don't dance well. No lesson, no training, no nothing.

HIM: (Not satisfied as he knows I loves dancing) What about you don't blog well??

HER: I know.. I cannot write one.. I never think I blog well.

HIM: (Again, unsatisfied) What about, you are not pretty!

HER: (Ouch, almost hitting the bull's eye he thought) I know, I never say I'm pretty. I'm never pretty!!

HIM: (Pouting)Why you don't feel anything one??

HER: It's because I accept the truth about myself. I don't tell myself things that are not true about myself. I don't lie to myself!! Life still goes on even when you are not NO. 1!!!!

HIM: Hm........ (dumbfounded)

Anyway, that's the sort of person I am with Big Elf. The true self I guess. Somehow, it's harder to be genuinely truthful to other people because I try to guard their feelings from being hurt. We do give each other praises when praises are due. All the more meaningful, I believe.

Anyway, I tried the quiz, and here is my result --->

I feel loved when...

The Five Love Languages

My Primary Love Languages are probably Quality Time and Words of Affirmation

My Detailed Results:
Quality Time: 9
Words of Affirmation: 9
Receiving Gifts: 5
Physical Touch: 4
Acts of Service: 3

About this quiz

Unhappiness in relationships is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. It can be helpful to know what language you speak and what language those around you speak.

Tag 3 people so they can find out what their love language is.

Take the Quiz!

I would like to tag......
1) Li Lian
2) Jiunn Li
3) Alex Chew SS

3 comments:

Athena said...

hey, i dun see your link wor.. so how to do the quiz?

SarahLee said...

Of course, no link cannot do the quiz hor.. silly me! There you go, I fixed it already!

Anonymous said...

haha so funny! like it =) cant wait to see you and andrew =)