Tuesday, September 23

My dislikes II

Today, I had two encounters which will be added into my aversion list. My first blogging about it was here.

One of the worst thing one can experience in life would definitely have to be stucked in traffic. I must salute those who never think traffic jam as an absurd way of wasting time and how they can endure every minute and every second of it. In Sydney, what makes it worse is the number of traffic lights one has to pass before reaching a destination. When I was still residing in my previous domicile, I literally counted how many sets of traffic lights I pass on the way to work. It was 29!!! It was a freaking 29 sets of lights! No wonder it took me almost an hour for a 15km distance in a bad traffic. Nowadays, I take the freeway which is so much better but still 17 sets of traffic lights. =) So I do appreciate it if people actually geared up to go when the lights turn green. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of people who think they have ample time in the world to do their 'whatever' in the car while waiting for the lights to turn green. So, when the lights says go, they are not vigilant and it has to take a nasty honk or several just to alert them. Inevitably, this will only allow several cars to go and the next few cars in line will have to wait for another couple of minutes. This is one scenario that will cause me to blow!! (Lord, I ask for more patience in me, please.)

Secondly, we had dinner out just today and we were seated next to a group of people which I assume was a couple with 2 kids (a baby and a small kid) and their 3 single friends (from their conversation). Not just on one occasion, but several, the mother drew much attention when she raised her voice at her little boy (probably 2-3 years old). Of course, people tried to be polite and dared not stare, but we were right beside them. Gosh, it was so annoying! Although seemingly, she was trying to discipline her son, but I don't think that sort of treatment is suitable in public. She repeatedly had to raise her voice to tell her son off, "this cannot, that cannot, no this, no that... etc". I really have an issue with mother's trying to proove in public that she's a stern mum!! Especially the tone that this lady used.. is so similar to many of the 'well-educated mothers' I've seen around, as opposed to the not-so-educated ones, of which the latter will simply shout at their kids, slap them around (understandably, this is prohibited in Australia) and ask them to shut up and sit quietly! So, this lady actually tried to show her smart-arse (in hokkien we call it, ke gau) motherly demeanour in public and I absolutely loathe it! Can't they do it at home??? I have seen many children and friends with that kind of mother, and eventually they turn out to either be resentful and/or timid and/or another smart-arse product!! (Lord, please help me to be more accepting and forgiving and not judgmental.)

I know, I am a very judgmental person, no one person in this world can be unison in character and attitude. I just have to learn to accept them as they are. Oh well, I sound very petty and I'm not someone into the deep stuffs, well I do but in seclusion. So, as much as those are meaningful and worthy to be pondered upon, one just need to succumb to the fact that life in itself is hard. I have long accepted that, which is why I don't dwell in the deep stuffs because it just complicates things even more. I want to live life in contentment and in thanksgiving because I know, there's pure joy by just knowing the Lord!!

Ok, I digressed. One minute, I am judgmental and now I'm talking about joy! Hmm... told you I have identity crisis. Oh wait, I was actually talking about pettiness and the deeper stuffs!

Alrighty, enough with that. Before I end, I want to show my mum the dinner we cooked yesterday. We had some thai sweet chili chicken with some salad. Big Elf likes his garden salad with balsamic vinegar whereas I wanted to have a different salad ie silverbeet (mum, that's the name of the vegetable I told you about) with mashed sweet potatoes. No MSG, no salt for the salad. Quick, easy and healthy!

Big Elf's dinner

My dinner

No comments: