Sunday, May 18

Best vacuum cleaner

One can never fathom how much dust there is in the air. I personally do not know how it originated but I learnt that dust consist mainly of human dead skins and of course, not to mention the outdoor contribution to the dust at home. I wonder how people in the olden days clean their house. They sweep and sweep and sweep, yet little do they know, the amount of dust swept is really modest compared to vacuuming.

We only live in a very small flat (don't ask me how big or how small, it's really small) and we used to own a fairly old vacuum cleaner. Despite the weekly vacuuming, I can sense that there are still so much dust around. Thanks to my sensitive nose. I will sneeze non-stop as I'm allergic to dust.

Till one day, the call for a new vac came when ours finally died. It stopped whilst vacuuming and smoke just came out of the filter part, or whatever engineers call it. It freaked me out for a moment. But twas a good thing, I can finally get a bagless vac.

We looked around a few websites and compared different brands and prices, but none caught our eye. Finally we went to The Good Guys, and tested out a few vacs. We narrowed down our choices to a Samsung and Volta. Brand wise, of course Sams are more well-known. Anyway, we finally decided on the Samsung one cause of the better features offered.

We came home, excited with the new vac and hubby couldn't wait to try it on. One interesting feature about this vac is the collection of dust (primarily) in a little cylinder-like case attached to the handle part. The length of the cylinder is about 7inches long and 3 inches in diameter. After vacumming the whole flat, we had to literally empty the cylinder casing not once, not twice but three times!! It was a shock finding. We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the dust. Anyway, that was perhaps the worst time to vacuum because of the breakdown of our old vac. The dust must have accumulated that much after a couple of weeks of not vacuuming the house!



A picture of the Samsung vac.


An empty cylinder just before vacuuming!


Amount of dust after just a week of not vacuuming!!

I strongly recommend this vac for a small home.
Bro ~ check this vac out if you have it there. Rather than checking the floor for dusts using torchlight, here's a simpler solution!!! =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahha did koko really check the floor for dust that way?
gosh that man...=P
too extreme adi..

Anonymous said...

Now you know?? Yeah, he's that extreme... quite scary if I were his maid!

Athena said...

hahaha... ur bro dem good la he...


i need a maid :( so lazy to clean

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I totally understand how you feel. I can't imagine doing it for another 40 years!

Sherc said...

Dysons! Dysons are best bagless vacuums!

Athena said...

the engineer in me would totally promote dyson... but dysons are super expensive...

Anonymous said...

Dyson! oh.. but the price is in the upper range, isn't it? I got the samsung for $199. That's like quite alot for us already =)