Saturday, May 17

My usual Saturdays

I work Monday to Friday, and there are days I really didn't feel like going to work. However, that rarely happens, the only reason for that was because I do like my job unlike school days where almost everyday I didn't feel like going to school. Anyway, without a doubt I always look forward to weekends especially Saturdays because it's the only day I get to sleep in late and wake up say 10-ish. There are days when I do wake up earlier, feeling refreshed, then I would start with the housework or go to gym (the latter happens only recently).

Anyway, my typical Saturdays will always include doing housework such as cleaning, ironing, washing and vacuuming. Thank God for husbands who loves to cook ie my husband. While doing all these "hard" work, he will prepare food for me. We had bible study last night and I thought I've 'trained' my body to take more tanin/caffeine as I've been drinking tea. Actually, not really. Come to think of it, I've been drinking just rooibos tea, which is caffeine free. Sigh, really, nothing's changed. So, during bible study, we were served tea and I drank 2 small cup. Only TWO and I can't believe it affected me the whole night. We came home and I didn't feel sleepy at all. I was wide awake until 3.30am! It's so frustrating.

As a result, I woke up really late ie 11 something. Hubby woke me up to let me know breakfast or brunch (if you like) was ready (where to find such husband??). I woke up to a really nice breakfast served before me (I love the eggs!).


After breakfast/brunch, we normally run some errands and do some shopping. Then if there's time, we will come home and just throw ourselves onto our lovely bed and just snore away. However, if it was after 3pm, we try not to as we would prefer to be able to sleep at night and not disrupt our normal sleeping routine. We didn't take our afternoon nap today, of course, plus I have to do my housework. So, off I went to do my cleaning, washing and vacuuming. Hubby went to play some basketball with friends and he came back to a clean and tidy house, a feeling he always loves!

Soon it was dinner time and our menu for dinner includes sweet and sour prawns. I've been craving for it for so long and was looking forward to it. I made white raddish soup with pork bones and cooked a vegetable dish. Hubby finally cooked my favourite dish and it really tasted as good as it looks!



After dinner, we normally proceed to the couch to watch TV. If there's something on we will watch them, else we will watch a movie instead if we rented them. Or like what I am doing now, I will just blog.

Hence, that conclude my typical Saturdays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eeyaah..so sweet la you husband~=P
I love those eggs too =)...
Good thing Jared can cook too~!! haha...