Sunday, May 11

The Idea of North


On Saturday, we had the priviledge of attending a gig/show by a jazz group called The Idea of North. It's a contemporary a cappella group singing mainly jazz, pop and gospel. Eventhough I've never heard of this group, I did enjoyed the show. Plenty of scat singing, however, it wasn't as impressive as I would expect them to be, having since won the best "contemporary acapella group in the country". Many of such musical talent do come from church, as singing and music do play an essential role. Hence, we did have some youths perform such acapella singing in church once, and that wowed me instantly. This group too has a history of coming together because of the same faith and belief, something which I automatically assume since they sing gospel songs. They are pretty good, but I think they can be better should they have awesome composers, especially the world renowned ones. Anyway, go check out their website and listen to some of their singing.

No comments: